Mr S. Chokkappa
OH & Safety Specialist and ISO Lead Auditor
D.I.S;B.Sc;M.A, M.Ed; (M.Phil)
1973-1997 :Deputy Manager - Safety- Indian Organic Chemicals Ltd & Futura Polymers Ltd.
1997-2011; Dept. Head of Health & Safety- Ford India Private Limited.
2012-2013: Subject Mattter Expert -Deutsche Norske Veritas
2013-2017- IMS-SHE Auditor/Trainer -Murugappa Group of Industries- TII- units.
2013- Till date : EHS Auditor- CII- Southern Region
2019 : ISO Auditor / Trainer for Lear Corporation, Tonglit Autogistic private Limited
- Hazardous Waste Remediation-Diploma from Unites States Environmental Technical Institute, Washington, USA.
Trained on SHARP
in Ford -Philippines,Thailand, Australia and USA.
Application of Ergonomics in Ford-UK
Certified Risk Assessor by FMC - Australia.
Trained on Robots & Robotic Systems and Engineering Safety Review by FMC UK & Australia.
Certified Lead Auditor for ISO- QMS,EMS,OHSAS ,AU & TL standards as per IRCAS.
Guest Lectures/ Faculty / Training Details
- 1997 :Faculty Services to M.Tech Students of Anna University
- Faculty Member of several seminars & workshops on Health, Safety,Fire,Environment & HRD subjects.
- 2011: Have presented a paper on National Policy on Safety, Health & Environment at workplace in Regional Labour Institute,Chennai.
- 2012: Presnted a paper on Awareness in the seminar on Challenges and Strategies in effective implementation of the National Policy on Safety,Health & Environment at work place.
- 2016: External Examiner for PG students of Indsutrial Hygiene & Safety Engineering of Sri Ramachandra University.
Awards & Recognition
1987: Life member of Indian Association of Occupational Health
1989-1997: Appointed by District Collector as Member of District Emergency Preparedness Committee,Kanchipuram.
2001; Life Mmeber of Safety Engineers Association
2002: Awarded Ford Motor Company's Best Fire & Security Professional of the Year
2003-2011: Appointed by District Collector as -Member -Subject Matter Expert of District Emergency Preparedness Committee,Kanchipuram.
2005: Awarded : Ford Motor Company's Best Safety Professional of the Year
2010: President's Health & Safety Award given to My Team for the improved Systems & Procedures of risky Hydra Cranes' usage in India